Dr. John Ravera believes every denture patient deserves comfort, self-confidence, and an attractive smile. He provides Newport Beach, CA patients with many options in dentures, from affordable tooth replacement to premier specialty prosthetics.
Newport Beach, CA patients smile with specialty dentures tailored to their needs
Your tooth loss, oral health, medical condition, budget, and lifestyle are all unique to you. At John Ravera, DDS, you are assured of answers and information to make an informed choice that fits your mouth and your life.
Here is a primer on basic types of dentures:
- Partial denture – Are you are missing a single tooth, or several at various location in the arch? A removable partial denture is an alternative to dental implants or fixed bridgework. This prosthetic clips to existing teeth for stability.
- Full denture – This is used for replacement of an entire upper or lower arch of teeth. A conventional full denture is made of acrylic. It is held in place by natural suction and cheek muscles.
- Complete dentures – This refers to an upper and a lower full denture designed to replace missing teeth for an individual lacking all of their natural teeth.
- Economy dentures – With these, you can select the size, color, and design of your new smile from stock products for a dentures price that fits most budgets.
- Immediate dentures – The denture is designed in advance, and inserted on the day teeth are extracted. You do not go without teeth during recovery, and the denture protects the mouth as it heals. It is relined or replaced when mouth shape stabilizes.
- Premium dentures – Every aspect of a premium denture is selected just for you. Each tooth is hand-crafted and placed, and you have a choice of materials (including porcelain). The process takes a little longer, with multiple visits for wax-up and fitting, but the result is stunningly realistic.
- Implant dentures – A dental implant mimics the root of a natural tooth. Four or more implants create stable anchor points for a denture that does not slip, wobble, or pop out. Implants also preserve bone, reducing likelihood of future fit issues and avoiding a sunken facial appearance.
- Overdenture – This hybrid brings the benefits of an implant-retained denture to the patient who still has some existing teeth.
Let’s get started on your new smile. Call 949-877-3606 for a denture consultation with Dr. Ravera.