Bonding and Cosmetic Contouring
Are you looking for a mini smile makeover that doesn’t break the bank? Bonding & cosmetic contouring techniques are an affordable way to fix minor imperfections. The work can usually be completed in one visit to John Ravera, DDS General and Cosmetic Dentistry in Newport Beach, CA.
Bonding is made from composite resin, a BPA-safe dental plastic that is shaded to match tooth enamel. The material is shaped and bonded to the surface of a prepared tooth, serving many restorative and cosmetic purposes.
Dr. Ravera may recommend:
- Dental bonding to repair a decayed tooth, as a natural-looking alternative to a silver-colored amalgam filling
- Bonding a chipped tooth for improvement in appearance and to avoid further damage
- Protecting a fractured tooth with bonding so it doesn’t break
- Bonding to improve the look of a discolored tooth, by hiding deep internal stains caused by trauma or medication, or covering old darkened dental work
- Tooth reshaping – building up worn down teeth, or for an individual tooth with odd shape or size compared to its companions
- Bonding as a cosmetic solution for minor misalignment or to close gaps between teeth
- Disguising exposed root surfaces from receding gums with bonding (it also reduces sensitivity)
- Chairside composite veneers as an alternative to porcelain veneers
Cosmetic bonding generally takes an hour or less per tooth, and often numbing is not needed. The light-hardened material is strong and durable. With good oral habits, it does not stain easily. Teeth bonding cost can be significantly less than the expense of porcelain restorations or orthodontics.
Enameloplasty may be referred to as cosmetic contouring, tooth recontouring, or odontoplasty. The procedure involves removal of small portions of tooth enamel to alter the length, shape, or surface (such as a tooth with grooves, pits, or bumps). This is also a rather brief procedure. It does not require anesthetic, since there are no nerves in the enamel layer of teeth.
Newport Beach, CA dentist combines bonding & cosmetic contouring
Under Dr. Ravera’s care, you are assured of service personalized to your smile goals, lifestyle, and budget. He designs personalized aesthetic plans, with treatment tailored to each tooth, using these and other techniques.
Put your smile in qualified hands. Call 949-877-3606 to schedule with Dr. Ravera.