Newport Beach patients get tips for successful aesthetic dentistry and teeth whitening services
Having a bright, white smile gives you a confidence boost. Over time food and drink stains become embedded in your teeth causing yellowing or discolorations. Teeth whitening is a simple, effective way to remove stains and improve your smile. For patients near Newport Beach, Dr. John Ravera offers aesthetic dentistry services including teeth whitening to help patients achieve more radiant smiles.
Aesthetic dentistry such as teeth whitening allows patients to achieve the smiles they deserve. However, not all teeth whitening services are the same. Professional whitening with your dentist is safe and effective. The in-office light activated whitening with Dr. Ravera offers patients fast results, while the custom at-home trays are gentle and allow patients to whiten on their own time.
Tips for successful teeth whitening service
Once you choose to whiten your teeth, you want to prolong the effects of your treatment. Consider the following tips to keep your mouth healthy and to preserve your newly whitened teeth.
- Visit the dentist for a professional cleaning first. Between dental visits, plaque and tartar build up on the teeth creating a coating and surface stains. A professional cleaning removes tartar allowing the whitening agent to absorb into the teeth for a more effective treatment.
- Opt for professional whitening methods. Whitening with a dentist produces dramatic results in a shorter amount of time. Treatments are customized to suit each patient’s needs and lifestyle.
- Maintain your smile. Keeping your smile bright and white takes work. Ask about touch-up treatments as needed.
- Follow proper oral health habits. Brush twice and floss once per day to remove stains, plaque, and bacteria from your teeth. Good habits also keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Avoid stain-causing foods, drinks, and lifestyle choices. Certain foods and drinks can cause yellow stains to appear on the teeth. Coffee, tea, red wine, and tomato sauce are known for causing discoloration. Smoking also yellows the teeth.
- Rinse your mouth. After consuming stain-causing substances, rinse the teeth with water to help maintain your smile.